Question and Answer session with Pastor-Teacher Jim Osman during the Adult Sunday School hour at Kootenai Church.
Some of the questions include:
- If man is totally depraved, why is he capable of performing selfless “good” acts?
- Can you explain what 1 Timothy 2:14-15 means regarding Adam not being deceived?
- Depending on how 1 Cor 14:34-36 is interpreted would we conclude that women are NOT TO SPEAK in church? Does all their instruction come from their husband? What if the husband is not a believer?
- What is the purpose of the book of Revelation?
- I’ve heard people say that God causes calamity. Does God cause it or allow it or is there a difference?
- Should Christians concern themselves with “conspiracy theories” and “satanic” goings-on in the world? One look on YouTube and there are a ton of ministries dedicated to exposing these theories. Bill Gates seems to be a hot topic right now.
- Are lions going to eat grass during Millennium? or this allegorical regarding the nature of man?
- How do you respond to those who say Christians deny science?
- Can a person that has truly had a Christian rebirth experience have their heart hardened later in life?
- For a science-thinking, meditating neighbor who could be open to truth, what book might you recommend?
- What is the proper interpretation and application of the passage dealing with women and head coverings?
- What can be said to people who quote Hulk Hogan’s statement “God said, ‘you want to worship athletes, I will shut down the stadiums. You want to worship musicians, I will shut down Civic Centers. You want to worship actors, I will shut down theaters. You want to worship money, I will shut down the economy and collapse the stock market. You don’t want to go to church and worship Me, I will make it where you can’t go to church.” It bugs me. People tell me it's correct.
- What does a wife’s submission look like in a Christian marriage?
- Do you think it is possible that in some cases when someone takes their own life would God show them mercy if their mind is so far gone they are no longer accountable?